Partner Visa(Subclass 309/100)
This Visa lets the spouse or de-facto partner(de facto relationship is one where you have lived in with your partner without getting legally married to them for at least 12 months before you apply for this visa) of Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand to stay in Australia with you.
Requisites of the Visa:-
- You are outside Australia.
- You are a partner of Australian citizen, Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
- You can be granted visa if you are married and:-
- Your relationship breaks down and there is a child of the relationship.
- Your partner dies and you can show that your relationship would have continued if your partner had lived and you have close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia.
- Your relationship breaks down and you or members of your family unit have suffered family violence.
You can be granted visa if you are in a de-facto relationship for less than 12 months and:-
- You can demonstrate compelling and compassionate circumstances, such as having dependent children.
- Your partner has been granted a permanent humanitarian visa and your de facto relationship existed before it was granted, and you told us about the relationship before the visa was granted.
- Your de facto relationship has been registered in Australia (this is not available in all states and territories).
- Have good moral and health conduct.
- Do not have any outstanding debts to Australian government or have arrangements to pay if any.
Privileges of the Visa 309:-
- Allows you to stay in Australia till the time decision is made on your permanent partner visa.
- study in Australia, but with no access to government funding
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- About two years after you lodged your application for this visa, you will be assessed for a permanent visa (subclass 100)
- Partner visa (subclass 100)
Permanent Visa can be granted earlier if you meet the following criteria:-
- If you already have been in a relationship for 3 years with your partner at the time of applying or not less than two years if there is a dependent child of your relationship.
- Your sponsor or de facto partner dies, the relationship would have continued if they had not died, and you have developed close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia
- The relationship breaks down and there is a child of the relationship
- The relationship breaks down due to family violence.
Privileges of Visa 100:-
- Provides you right to live in Australia indefinitely.
- Applicant can work in Australia during your stay.
- Applicant can enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Allows you to apply citizenship if you meet certain requirements.
- Allows you to move to and fro for five years starting from the day visa is granted.
- You can sponsor your relatives for permanent residency.
How much the visa costs:-
- Partner (Subclass 309/100) visa – 3085$ (Base Application Charge)
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-1545$
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-770$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass