Regional Skilled Migration Scheme(Subclass 187)
Regional Skilled Migration scheme visa is for the employers in remote. low population growth regional areas of Australia who wants to recruit highly skilled people from overseas or temporary workers within Australia to fill in the vacant places in their business on permanent basis.
Step 1:- Employer nominates the vacant position and applies to Regional Certifying Body (RCB).
Step 2:- Regional Certifying Body (RCB) Assess the application lodged against specific criteria’s which includes the genuine need of paid employee from overseas or other temporary worker with in Australia.
Step 3:-RCB if convinced issues certificate
Step 4:- Employee accept the offer and apply for visa approval. Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
Requisites of the visa:-
- Must be lawfully and actively operational in Australia
- Should provide the full time permanent employment offer and demonstrate the genuine need of the employee of specific skills from overseas to labour market.
- Should abide by the local and the immigration laws.
- the employer’s business must be established and actively engaged in the activity for which it is registered in the regional area (all areas of Australia except for, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne)
- Position should be full time and ongoing for at least 2 years from the date employment
- Provide working conditions that are favourable as per the Australian legislation laws
- Position or occupation offered should fall within the scope of SOL.
- the position requires a person with at least an Australian equivalent trade, diploma or higher qualification (unless the appointment is exceptional)
- Should be nominated for a position that falls within the scope of SOL List.
- Should have positive skill assessment for the nominated occupation from the relevant assessing authorities.
- Should have at least 3 years working experience in the nominated occupation.
- In case the nomination is for highly paid senior executive position, the salary should not be less than 250000 per annum(excluding superannuation and other benefits)
- Should have an employer willing to sponsor you on permanent basis
- Demonstrate that you possess the necessary skills required for that occupation and the relevant licencing/registration if the occupation demands
- Should be under 45 years of age
- Should have atleast functional English ability.
- Have worked in Australia for at least the last 2 years on an eligible temporary visa in the occupation for which they have been nominated, including at least the last year for the nominating employer. Those just graduated and entering the workforce will need to apply for a Graduate Visa to Australia
- should undergo health and character examination before lodging the Visa
Privileges of the Visa:-
- live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
- Study in Australia at school or university
- receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
- Be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
sponsor people for permanent residence.
How much the visa costs:-
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187)-3520$(Base Application Charge)
- Non- Internet Application Charge-N/A
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-1760$
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-880$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass