Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457).
457 Visa sponsorship scheme is for the employers who want to recruit skilled applicants from overseas with the consent of labour market by demonstrating their inability to find a permanent resident or citizen to fill up the vacant positions in their approved business for temporary period of 4 years.
Application Process : –
Step 1 :- Employer Nominates the vacant position and apply for becoming sponsor by a)submitting application for regular business sponsorship b)Discussing the labour deal
Step 2:- Respective authorities assess the application lodged against specific criteria’s which includes the genuine need of paid employee from overseas or other temporary worker with in Australia, salary to be paid in comparison to the local employees in the similar occupation and minimum threshold and approves the sponsorship.
Step 3:- Employee accept the offer and apply for visa approval in their country of Residence.
- should be nominated for a position that falls within the scope of SOL List
- should have positive skill assessment for the nominated occupation from the relevant assessing authorities
- Meet registration and licensing formalities.
Should have at least functional English ability unless you fall into the English skills exempt category as:-
- If you are to be paid salary more than the English language requirement exempt which is calculated on base or gross salary and is mentioned in the gazetted list
- You are passport holder of Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America.
- You have completed at least 5 years of secondary or higher education with English as medium of instruction.
- Should be nominated by approved business entity.
- Should undergo health and character examination before lodging the Visa
- should have a complete health insurance cover for your duration of stay.
- Must be lawfully and actively operational in Australia
- Should provide the full time permanent employment offer and demonstrate the genuine need of the employee of specific skills from overseas to labour market.
- Should abide by the local and the immigration laws
- Sponsor should be lawfully operating, meet the necessary training needs, should provide evidence to follow non discriminating recruitment policies and commitment to employ locals as well.
Privileges of the visa:-
- work in Australia for up to four years.
- bring your family to work or study in Australia.
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.
How much the visa costs:-
- Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa-1035$(Base Application Charge)
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-1035$
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-260$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass