Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
This is a temporary visa has been designed for those applicants, whose skills, experience and abilities are well in demand in the regional territories or specific states of Australia. This visa allows you to live and work in Regional territories of Australia for up to 4 years. However, you must choose an occupation from the relevant occupation list and also need to get the sponsorship from that particular state or territory in Australia, which you have chosen to apply.
To become eligible to apply for this visa an applicant must:-
- Have an experienced in any of the occupation listed in the consolidated skilled occupation list of Australia.
- Score at least 60 points based on his/her age, Qualification, experience, English proficiency, other components if applicable
- Get a state/territory sponsorship.
- Be under 50 years of age.
- Obtain a positive skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority
- Have required level of English Proficiency from IELTS.
- Experience as required by state/territory requirement
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI).
- Apply State sponsorship application.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Live in sponsoring state or territory for 2years once visa is issued.
Benefits of subclass 489 visa:-
This visa allows you and your family to
- Live and work in Australia for up to four years
- Travel in and outside Australia, till your visa is valid.
- Apply for permanent residency if you meet the required conditions.
How much 489 visa costs?
- Regional Sponsored (Subclass 489) visa- 3600$(Primary Applicant)
- Dependent Applicant Fees 18 and over- 1800 $
- Dependent Applicant Fees 18 and under- 900 $
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months based on your visa subclass
- Certification/Translation of Docs-Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.