Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program(FSTP)
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for the applicants who are qualified trade workers and want to migrate to Canada permanently after receiving a offer of employment.
The government approves only 3000 applications each year under this visa category where no more than 100 applications for a particular occupation is considered for processing each year for Category A while there is no cap on Category B.
There are in total 43 occupations in this group which are subdivided into two i.e. category A and Category B.
Category A has a cap of 100 applications as these are occupations of moderate labor market need.
- 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
- 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
- 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
- 7271 Carpenters
- 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
- 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry
- 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying
- 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services
- 8241 Logging machinery operators
- 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
- 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
- 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
- 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
- 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators
- 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
It consists of occupations which are in demand.
- 7231 Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
- 7233 Sheet metal workers
- 7235 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
- 7236 Ironworkers
- 7237 Welders and related machine operators
- 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 7242 Industrial electricians
- 7243 Power system electricians
- 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers
- 7245 Telecommunications line and cable workers
- 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
- 7251 Plumbers
- 7252 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- 7253 Gas fitters
- 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 7313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 7314 Railway carmen/women
- 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
- 7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
- 7371 Crane operators
- 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface, mining, quarrying and construction
- 7373 Water well drillers
- 8231 Underground production and development miners
- 8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
- 9232 Petroleum, gas and chemical process operator
To be eligible to apply as skilled worker the aspirant should:-
- Plan to live in any state except Quebec.
- Meets minimum language requirement of (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing..
- Have at least 2 years of full time working experience in the nominated occupation in the past 5 years before applying..
- Should perform all the duties mentioned for the nominated occupation in National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body..
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee-490 CAD
- .Principal applicant-475
- Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew, or grandchild)-75 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner-550 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner-150 CAD