Self Employed Visa is a program for the applicants who are engaged into cultural activities, athletics at world class level or buying and managing a farm and want to migrate to Canada as self employed.
To be eligible as a self employed applicant should
- Have at least 2 years of experience in the past 5 years before the date of applying in one of the following categories:-
- Cultural activities
- Athletics at world class level or
- Buying and managing a farm.
- Meet the point based criteria based on the following factors:-
- Education(Maximum 25 points)
- Experience(Maximum 35 points)
- Age(Maximum 10 points)
- English/French Language skills(Maximum 24 points)
- Adaptability(Maximum 6 points)
You need to have minimum 35 points in order to migrate as Business Migrant.
- Right of Permanent Residence Fee-490 CAD
- Principal applicant-475
- Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew, or grandchild)-75 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner-550 CAD
- A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner-150 CAD