This visa is for international students applying to study in Australia and whose main course of study is:
- A primary school course
- A secondary school course, including junior and senior secondary
- An approved secondary school exchange program
Requisites for the Visa:-
- You must get enrolled in a course registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you want to enter the country for studying and would leave the country once you finish your course.
- You must undergo certain medical examinations before applying for visa.
- You must have enough money to pay your tuition fee, living expenses for all the members included in the application keeping in mind the normal living conditions in the country.
- You must have the health insurance from Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance for all the members included in the application
- Possess the required English language ability (as per the department guidelines and the type of visa being applied).
- You must meet the minimum threshold qualification requirement as advised by the education provider
- You must have good moral conduct
- If you are below 18 your parents and/or anyone who can legally decide where you can live must give permission for you to study in Australia.
Privileges of the Visa:-
- You can study full time
- Your dependents can join you if they can bear the expenses for your family according to the local standards of living
- Once you start your course you can work 40 hrs. per fortnight while university/college is in session and unlimited in the breaks
- Family members can 40 hrs. Per fortnight and unlimited in certain circumstances depending on the course that you select to study.
- Partner if accompanying can study for maximum 3 months. In case they want to study for more than three months they need to apply separate student visa individually.
Expenses Per Person Amount required in AUD
Travel Yourself Return air fare to Australia
Family one return air fare to Australia per person
Tuition Yourself Course fees
Children aged 5-18 AUD8000 per year
Living Yourself AUD18 610 per year
Partner AUD6515 per year
First child AUD3720 per year
Each other child AUD2790 per year
How much the visa costs:-
- Independent (Subclass 571) visa-535$(Base Application Charge)
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-405$
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-135$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass
- Certification/Translation of Docs-Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.